This is the first trip sister(plus an in-law)’s trip that I organised, and I think it went well. Since I’m the organiser, I was a little critical over some stuffs; I wanted it to be perfect. So this is my things to note in the future list.
- Hotels must be maximum 5 minutes walk away, because it’s too hot to walk under the sun for more than 5 minutes.
- If traveling in 4(s), taxi is better than tuktuk. And taxi is cheaper imo.
- Get attraction names in thai. Local have different names for Talad Rodfai and some don’t know what Asiatique is!
- No portable chargers in check-in luggage.
- Night Market at Victory Monument is meh.
- Chatuchak is f-hot. Go during mid afternoon is much better than going during noon. Bring the Chatuchak Map and a handfan.
- Union Mall is not nice at all. Despite what other blogs says. The clothes are good but there wasn’t a nice vibe to ‘inspire’ shopping. It’s too local and empty. And the locals do not shop.
- Khaosan Road is meh, if you’re not drinking.
I think that’s my list for now. I hope it helps when you’re travelling to Bangkok! So here are pictures!
I would put my itinerary up here, but I did not follow it at all. Everyday was spontaneous. Oh well.
Anyway, I should talk about my hotel.
K Maison opened in June 2015, and I was blessed to be able to get a room there. I love the idea of fresh paint, new furnishing, and the interior of the whole place is beautiful. I don’t mind the small room, I applaud the designer who manage to fit everything in without compromising on aesthetics.
The internet in the room was not fantastic, however they had a smart TV and my korean drama streamed really fast over there. I spent my free time watching The Heirs on the TV.
It is about 10 minutes walk to the Victory Monument BTS. Normally I wouldn’t mind but in June, the weather was hot and I have 3 people following me. But it’s alright. The staff are amazingly patient and friendly. They seemed like the kind where they’ll remember you if you come back a second time.
Overall, I would pick this hotel again just for the staff and rooms.
I shall end this off with a gif of me.
PS/ Please visit merhost.com . I spent a whole night doing up the layout! Like it on Facebook if possible as well.